Our Services Manager reports into the Depot Manager and is front and centre in the aftersales experience for our customers. Leading the depots service and workshop teams this person shows exceptional leadership skills, is customer focused and has the ability to juggle a varied and busy workload. This role is key to delivering our vision of being an industry leader through offering excellent customer experiences and an inspiring place to work.
This is a challenging but rewarding role for the right person. The workload and demands are varied and there is never a dull day whether supporting a customer with their service issue, dealing with a complaint, coaching a Technician or conducting a review the role will be diverse and exciting. You will be accountable for the smooth operation of the whole department and accountable for its performance, resourcing levels and quality.
Service Manager accountabilities include:
- Providing excellent customer service to customers both face to face, phone and via email, carefully understanding their needs.
- Planning and allocating work for the workshop technicians based on their skills and expertise ensuring all jobs have job cards and the team have clear instructions for the work required.
- Supporting and coaching team members to ensure they are comfortable in undertaking their tasks and supporting them with problems to find solutions.
- Monitor WIP (Work in Progress) and Warranty work to ensure all administrative tasks are kept up to date and WIP is kept to a minimal throughout the year.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Provides regular updates on the workshop performance with the group and depot manager.
- Undertakes resource planning to ensure correct staff levels to meet current and future demands including apprentice levels.
- Market and promote the service department and all aftersales products and services including ensuring a culture of sales through service from the technicians.
- Ensuring the workshop and service administrator(s) work is completed to the required standards and in a timely manner including clock cards, job cards, invoicing and rotas.
We look for:
- Ability to demonstrate leadership of others ideally in a workshop environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours and weekends as required to meet the demands of the customers and to deliver service through our harvest season.
- Experience working with computer software including bespoke and office software (word, excel etc).
- Ideally, experience working in a vehicle service department or similar
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Familiar with franchise and competitive products
- Full UK driver’s license